Ultimate Test Prep is proud to announce that we have partnered with Next Level U for our students' college planning needs. Jane Crickard is the Founder of Next Level U College Prep. Jane is an Independent College Consultant with years of experience helping families navigate the complex world of college admissions. She loves working with teens to empower them to take ownership of every aspect of the college prep process.
Our College Planning Services
We help students pick the right college for their major, preferences, and financial ability. Sometimes, a private college can be cheaper than a public university. Our goal as college planners is to help you...
- create a comprehensive college list.
- polish your resume to emphasize key activities and volunteer history.
- develop a strong admissions essay that highlights your strengths and potential.
- find external scholarships to help decrease the cost of attendance.
- raise your standardized test scores to increase merit-scholarship potential.
- stay organized with application deadlines.
- locate the right college fit for the right price.
We can help with as little or as much of the college planning process as you need. Whether it's just a few essays or the entire process, see how Ultimate Test Prep can help you achieve your goals!
Why the right application is so important
When applying to colleges and universities, your mission is to stand out among the crowd. Most colleges and universities look at the following criteria when determining a student's acceptance:
- Weighted/unweighted GPA
- Difficulty of courses (AP, IB, honors, dual-credit, etc.)
- Extracurriculars (sports, band, volunteer work, employment, clubs, organizations, etc.)
- Standardized test scores (ACT or SAT)
- Admission essays... more admission essays....and more admission essays
Different schools place a higher importance on some criteria over others. For example, there are some schools that do not require a standardized test score for admission (although most require test scores for scholarships). Some schools require eight admission essays, while others only require one.
In the college planning process, starting early is crucial. Based on your preferences (preferred field of study, school size, school location, extracurriculars, etc.), we can create a comprehensive college list for you!
The major question to ask yourself...
-"How do I stand out among the crowd?"